Today’s Post is Brought To You By BLTCH!

Back cover to 1963: HORUS LORD OF LIGHT. Script and art by me.

1. Kirttrik May 24th, 2009 2:29 pm

When is a collection of 1963 going to come out? I’ve been waiting since I saw a couple issues my friend scored in 1994 or 5.

2. Gerald May 24th, 2009 9:46 pm

Pretty funny. 🙂 It reminds me of the “9 steps to ugly” – a fake add in Judge Dredd for Otto Sump’s Get Ugly products.

I loved the 1963 fake ads, though(including the one above). And one of my favorites was the one for English lessons. But the English was all Screwed up: “Shamed by you English? You can speak soon and write like a graduate college if me let you help for a day of 15 minutes.”

3. Gerald May 24th, 2009 9:50 pm

One more thing: did you draw the Magic Art Appropriator and the Nuclear Sub ad?

4. Rick May 25th, 2009 9:30 am

Alan, Steve and I jammed on the 1963 ads. I wrote “Shamed By You English?” on the back cover of #1. Steve did the art for the Appropriator and Sub. Not sure if he or Alan wrote those.

And I wish I knew when a 1963 collection will come out.

5. Gerald May 25th, 2009 11:10 pm

I guess since Image owns the rights(right?), you guys have no say about whether a 1963 collection will come out. Too bad, cause I’d buy it.

Glad to know you wrote “Shamed by you English”.
    What in the hell went through your mind to create such a masterpiece of absurdity?
    My other current favorite is the “Delicious monkey” ad.

6. Rick May 26th, 2009 12:33 pm

Alan, Steve and I own the rights. But the planned 80 page Annual ending never got done. So to put it out we’d need a new way to end it. And we’d have to herd all those cats back into the 63 Sweatshop, too! Last time I talked to Alan about it he wasn’t interested at all.

7. Ron Graham September 11th, 2009 10:43 am