I Was On A Reality TV Show

img124

In 2002 I was contacted by producers for THE DREAM TEAM WITH MICHAEL AND ANNABELLE, a reality TV show on Sci/Fi Channel that focused on people’s actual dreams. They’d found my comics on the web and asked me if I wanted to participate. As you might imagine, it was a bit surreal pitching dreams to a TV producer! This is the one they picked and it was analyzed on-air by dream by expert Michael Lennox with me connected via a phone hook-up.

1. Massimo January 24th, 2010 11:52 am

And what did say the expert about your dream?

2. Rick January 24th, 2010 4:11 pm

He talked about serpent symbolism and its strange juxtaposition with my vehicle. The last panel he saw as some buried feeling.

3. Zack Blackstone January 24th, 2010 6:16 pm

“…some buried feeling”? Too vague. A crude phallus hovering by two dark tunnels, hmmm…and the snake, of course. Perhaps it’s a block of sperm.
    You can see why they picked it – great imagery, a snake car! Am I being too cynical when I wonder if their show was sponsored by a car manufacturer who was putting out a car called ‘ Viper ‘ or ‘ Cobra ‘ or something similar?

4. Grantasaur January 25th, 2010 6:08 am

I had a dream about rattlesnakes in my fish tank the night after seeing this.

THANKS RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Rick January 25th, 2010 1:32 pm

To be fair to the host, I wasn’t able to give him the considerable background associated with this dreamscape. If you’ve read CRYPTO ZOO then you know that the area of the petroglyphs and the brife exist in real life and occupy a special place in my dreaming. I think the dream was showing me an aspect of WHY that area holds such intuitive fascination for me.

6. Zack Blackstone January 26th, 2010 8:39 pm

I was chuckling to myself over my interpretation of this dream yesterday when it hit me that an interpretation of a dream can reveal more about the interpreter than the dreamer…uh, whoops.